The Core Balaclava integrates with cold weather goggles from the US Military Authorized Protective Eyewear List (APEL) with minimal skin exposure, and the fabric does not bunch up under the goggles. It's designed to fit snugly on the head under the Army Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) without causing discomfort due to fabric bunching or bulky seams.
The portion covering the neck is long enough to be tucked into the collar of an Army issued cold weather jacket or parka. It will stay tucked during moderate physical activity (e.g., rucking, hiking, snowshoeing, skiing).
The CORE Balaclava is Cold Operations Required Equipment.
- Provides thermal protection to the head, face, and neck between wet cold (20° F) and the lower end of intense cold (-25° F) environments.
- Has a service life of at least 120 days under combat/field use.
- Minimizes eyewear fogging when worn with cold weather goggles.
- Has a total weight of 2.4 oz (S/M) and 2.7 oz (M/L).
- Be easily donned and doffed.
- No irritation against the skin.
- Berry Amendment compliant, 100% made in the USA.
Core Balaclava Small/Medium Coyote USA: #CACOR-SM-COY-US
Core Balaclava Medium/Large Coyote USA: #CACOR-ML-COY-US
The ColdAvenger design and function is based on established science which documents the adverse effects of cold exposure on the face and airway, and the mitigation of those adverse effects. Our patented design offers multi-functional protection for cold operations and survival.
- Allows Unrestricted Breathing
- Warms & Humidifies Inhaled Air
- Supports Core Body Temperature
- Protects Face, Head & Neck
- Manages Excess Moisture Away From Face Prevents Fogging
We've decided to abandon the green interior valve. The vast majority of our customers told us they do not use the valve and many had problems losing the part. We've passed this savings off to you. We left the post in the ventilator to accept the green interior valve in case there is a need, so let us know. You can also purchase here